Collin County Emergency Management
4690 Community Avenue, Suite 200
McKinney, TX 75071
Jim McCrone, Emergency Management Coordinator
972-424-1460 ext. 4383 (Metro)
The Department of Emergency Management:
- Plans for, directs and coordinates responses to, and recovers from disasters and emergencies (download our Hazard Mitigation Action Plan).
- Conducts threat and vulnerability assessments to mitigate the effects of natural, technological, environmental, and intentional incidents.
- Builds coalitions and collaborates with public safety, non-profit organizations, community stakeholders, and private sector partners to develop, implement, and respond to security and emergency concerns.
- Designs and conducts exercises and drills to improve emergency preparedness planning and response.
- Manages state and federal grant funding for emergency management and public health preparedness programs.
The Department of Emergency Management oversees:
- Public Health Emergency Management
- Fire Marshal’s Office