The Grocery Services store that accepts WIC in Plano is currently closed. They are looking for a new location in the area. They apologize for the inconvenience.
The WIC Program is a special supplemental food program that provides nutrition education and food benefits for qualifying children and infants, as well as pregnant, breastfeeding, and post-partum women. We also offer breastfeeding support. State of Texas residency is required.
- Pregnant women
- Women who are breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- Women who have had a baby in the past six months
- Parents, step-parents, guardians, and foster parents of infants and children under the age of 5 can apply for their children
- Meet the houseold income guidelines at or below 185% of the federal poverty level OR currently participate in Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), or TANF
Documentation needed at time of application:
- Identification (Driver's License, Military ID, Student ID, etc)
- If receiving Medicaid, TANF, or Food Stamps bring proof of participation
- OR Proof of income for all household members (i.e. check stubs, current tax return, letter from employer, child support check, etc.) The following documents can be used as prove of income for the reasons indicated:
WIC 32.pdf Self employment form that can be completed by employee or spouse
WIC 19a.pdf form can be utilized for individuals receiving financial support from an individual who does not live in the home or if a 3rd party is aware of the financial situation
WIC 19b.pdf form can be completed by the employer for individuals who do not recieve pay check stubs or who have not received their first check from their new job
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt, lease agreement, credit card bill, etc.)
- Your child's immunization records are optional.
The following is a list of WIC Offices located throughout Collin County. If you have questions about eligibility or the services offered under the WIC program, please contact the Collin County WIC Office closest to you.
Collin County WIC Offices
825 N. McDonald, Suite 120
McKinney, TX 75069
Phone: 972-548-5543 (McKinney)
Phone: 972-424-1460 ext. 5554 (Metro)
Hours: Monday/Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (open during lunch hour)
Tuesday/Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.. (open during lunch hour)`
Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
900 E. Park, Suite 165
Plano, TX 75074
Hours: Monday/Wednesday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. (open during lunch hour)
Tuesday/Thursday: 8 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. (open during lunch hour)
Friday: 8 A.M. - 1 P.M.
303 S. Hwy. 78 Suite 103/104
Wylie, TX 75098
Hours: Monday/Wednesday: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M. (closed for lunch, noon-1 P.M.)
Tuesday: 8 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. (closed for lunch, noon-1 P.M.)
8785 McKinney Road (near Main St. & Preston Rd.)
Frisco, TX 75033
Hours: Tuesday/Thursday: 8 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. (closed for lunch, noon-1 P.M.)
Friday: 8 A.M. - 1 P.M.
WIC Non-Discrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is an equal opportunity provider.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
Or call toll-free: 1-866-632-9992 (Voice)
Federal Relay Service: 1-800-877-8339 (Hearing/Speech Impaired)
Links & Resources
USDA Food Nutritional Service: WIC Program Information
Texas Department of Health WIC Program
DSHS Begins Statewide Rollout of WIC Electronic Cards