Great family fun: annual livestock show begins Jan. 4
The Collin County Junior Livestock Association presents the annual Collin County Livestock Show Jan. 4-7 at Myers Park & Event Center, featuring 14 Collin County FFA chapters representing schools in McKinney, Frisco, Plan, Allen and other districts in Collin County as well as several local 4H chapters.
This year’s show consists of poultry, swine, horticulture, shop projects, sheep, goats and cattle judging, as participants show their individual entries throughout the week. The show culminates with an auction and bar-b-q lunch on Saturday, Jan. 7. The auction rewards the participants for a year of project development and livestock rearing.
The County Show is an entertaining and educational event for the entire family. Admission is free, concessions and tickets for the bar-b-q are available on the grounds.
Wednesday, Jan. 4:
- Poultry, Fryers and Breeding rabbits, arrive and judging
- Swine judging and show
Thursday, Jan. 5:
- Breeding Goats and Market Goats, judging and show
- Breeding Sheep and Market Sheep, judging and show
Friday, Jan. 6:
- Shop Project Judging
- Beef Heifer Judging (Beef Master, Brahman, Brangus, Santa Gertrudis, Simbrah, Other American Breeds, Angus, Hereford, Red Angus, Polled Hereford, Shorthorn, Charolais, Limousin, Maine-Anjou, Simmental, Other registered breeds and commercial Heifers)
- Horticulture judging
- Steers Judging (American, English, Exotic)
Saturday, Jan. 7:
- 11:00 a.m. –12:30 p.m., Bar-B-Q Lunch
- 12:30 p.m., Awards Presentation, Auction
For more information and individual event times, visit www.ccjla.weebly.com.